1. more information about cookies
We feel that it is important that you know what cookies and technologies are used on the b.box website (the Site) and for what purposes. This will help to protect your privacy, while ensuring our website's user-friendliness as much as possible.
2. what are cookies?
A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your device (e.g. computer, tablet or mobile phone) when you visit certain websites and is stored on your device’s browser or hard drive. We may also use pixels, web beacons, device fingerprints and other tracking technologies. For the sake of consistency, all these techniques combined will be hereafter referred to as “cookies”.
3. why are cookies used?
The cookies used on this Site can be categorized in four ways: (1) required and functionality cookies; (2) analytics cookies; (3) social media cookies; and (4) targeted advertising and behavioural tracking cookies. Each of these is further explained below.
3.1 required and functionality cookies
Required cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, services that you have requested, such as making purchases online, cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes.
Functionality cookies allow the Site to remember the choices that you make, such as your user name, language preference, or the region that you are in. The Site then uses that information to provide enhanced features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes that you have made to text size, font, and other parts of the Site that you can customize. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you have been on the Internet.
Examples of required and functionality cookies include cookies for:
• remembering products that you add to your shopping basket during online purchasing
• remembering information that you fill in on the various pages when paying or ordering so that you don't have to fill in all your details repeatedly
• passing on information from one page to the next, for instance if a long survey is being filled in or if you need to fill in a large number of details for an online order
• storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc.
• storing settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your screen's resolution details
• reading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen
• locating misuse of our website and services, for example by recording several consecutive failed log-in attempts
• loading the website evenly so that it remains accessible
• offering the option of storing your login status so that you don't have to enter login details every time
• making it possible to place a reaction on our website
• optimizing our website in real time depending on how you use the website, e.g. by making a field in a form light up or blink after a period of inactivity
3.2 analytics cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use this Site. For example, they may collect information on which pages you visit most often or if you received an error message from one of the pages on this Site. These cookies do not directly collect information that identifies you. When you provide information that identifies yourself, we may use these cookies to provide relevant information on the Site based on information that you have provided and your activities on the Site. Examples of analytics cookies include cookies for:
• keeping track of the number of visitors to our web pages
• keeping track of the length of time that each visitor spends on our web pages
• determining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages on our website
• assessing which parts of our site need to be improved
• optimising the website
• requesting your feedback on specific parts of our website
3.3 social media cookies
These cookies may make it possible for logged-in users of selected social media to share and like certain content from our website directly.
These social media parties may also collect your personal data for their own purposes. b.box has no influence over how these social media parties make use of your personal data. For more information regarding the cookies set by the social media parties and the data that they may collect, please refer to their own privacy and cookies policies. Below we have listed the privacy statements of the Social Media channels that are used the most by b.box:
3.4 targeted advertising and behavioural tracking cookies
These cookies collect several pieces of information about your browsing habits. They remember that you have visited this Site and may share this information with other organizations, such as advertisers. They do this in order to provide you with targeted advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. Without these cookies, online advertisements that you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
We may use targeted advertising cookies for:
• the websites to record your visit and, as a result, to assess your interests
• a check to be run to see if you have clicked on an advertisement
• keeping track of how many visitors click on an advertisement
• information about your surfing behaviour to be passed to other websites
• third-party services to be used to show you advertisements tailored to your needs, interests or preferences
• determining which advertisements, ad technologies and ad networks are most effective for us
• showing you advertisements about products you have previously clicked on, searched for or otherwise shown interest in (retargeting)
• keeping track of which advertisements you have already been shown so that you are not always shown the same ones
• more interesting advertisements to be displayed on the basis of your social media usage
• you to submit questions or reviews about our products and, on the basis thereof, be presented with advertisements more likely to be of interest to you
• reviews submitted by you to be repurposed as product recommendations on other pages
• you to be connected with online authorized retailers, to be informed about price, availability and purchase conditions of the product of your interest and keep track of your purchase preferences
• determining which advertisements you clicked on, before performing a purchase on our website
• keeping track of how many orders are placed by way of the advertisement, as well as their monetary value
• you to receive direct marketing e-mails tailored to your interests (if you have opted-in to receive such e-mails) or direct marketing e-mails about similar products as those which you have already purchased (if you have not opted out of receiving such e-mails).
• matching multiple devices (e.g. phone, tablet, laptop) to a visitor so that it can be tracked if an ad on one device may have triggered an action (such as a purchase) on another device (known as ‘cross device tracking’).
4. how to restrict or block cookies
Please be aware that b.box does not currently make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser's 'Do Not Track' signals. Besides using the Cookie Settings section on our website, you may manage your cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. Please be aware that your browser settings may not offer you the same ease of use as the Cookie Settings on our website. If you simply disable all cookies or all of our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our website(s) will not work, because your browser may prevent us from setting functionally required cookies.
Please refer to your browser’s “help” or “support” site for more information on how to delete saved cookies and allow or block cookies.
5. amendment of cookies policy
b.box may amend this Cookies Policy from time to time, for example, because our website or the rules relating to cookies change. We reserve the right to amend this Cookies Policy at any time and without notice. The new Cookies Policy will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the amended Cookies Policy, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using the Site. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Cookies Policy. You can consult this web page for the latest version.